Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mini-Vacation 2008


Whew! Yesterday, Ryan, Charley, and myself returned from our vacation. Last Thursday we drove to Poplar Bluff, MO where my Aunt Camille lives and my grandma and grandpa. After arriving, we visited with my grandparents. They had not seen Charley in over a year. Of course, Charley was somewhat scared and shy, but that quickly improved when they pulled out the Pooh bear they had bought for her. That evening we stayed with my Aunt Camille and Uncle Bob. Charley loved running and playing at their house! They also had a nice "welcome" gift for Charley. It was a cute stuffed monkey with a small book attached to it. Charley and the monkey have not parted ways since then! In addition to the monkey, they had bought the cutest miniature bananas for Charley. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

Friday morning we headed on to Cape Girardeau where Ryan and I lived our first few years of marriage. We have so many awesome memories of Cape and it was fun to catch up with old friends. We also had the opportunity to eat at some of our favorite restaurants. On Saturday I was able to have lunch with my best friend Anne. We had the best time teaching together when I lived there. The memories are endless! After lunch we took our kids to play in the park. Owen had to show Charley the ropes on the play equipment and she caught on quickly. Sunday morning we attended Centenary UMC where Ryan worked as a youth pastor. Everyone was happy to see us and especially Charley. Charley was working on being the center of attention, just like her daddy, so her and I had to spend most of the service outside.

After church, we left and headed up to St. Louis for the last few days of our vacation. Our hotel was beautiful! There was so much to see and do just at the hotel. We had a wonderful view of the Arch from our room. Sunday evening we enjoyed walking around downtown. Ryan took Charley and I on a horse and carriage ride which was wonderful. Charley loved Curly! The next morning we woke up early to do the St. Louis Zoo. That place is incredible. We had so many up close encounters with the animals. Charley LOVED it! We also rode the train which was a great way to see the different parts of the zoo. Our last night in St. Louis we ate a place called The Burger Bar. It was a fun restaurant where you could create any kind of burger with as many toppings as you wanted.

I was so happy that God blessed our vacation with good health, safe travels, and excellent weather. The three of us created wonderful memories that we will remember forever.....well, at least memories that Ryan and I will remember forever!

Cape & St. Louis 2008

Click on the Album for more Pics!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Charley,

Sorry that you threw a fit at the playground and got tired. I could have played for hours at the park. However, I am impressed with your quick learning at climbing on the yellow thingy. You are a fast learner. Perhaps in a few years we can go on a date. I have several girlfriends, and I would like to add you to the list. Not to hurt your feelings, but you really need to practice your table manners. That dipping your fries into so many condiments and smearing them all over your face is a bit of a turn off. Next time you are here, you can come over to my room and lay on my woobie while we watch Elmo and we can share a drink in your gurkle or whatever the heck you call that thing.

Love, your friend, Owen

Anonymous said...

Wasson Family:
So good to see you at church! Glad to know you are all doing so well, happy & just enjoying life! We miss you all dearly in Cape, but know God had bigger and better plans for your sweet family. Take care of one another and come back to Cape when you can!
Love, The Borders Family