Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day.........To Me!


Mother's Day. What an honorable day. I now know how important Mother's Day really is. Growing up Mother's Day was really just like any other day. Don't get me wrong, I always did something special for my mom, I just didn't understand the true meaning behind "Mother's Day". Now that I am a mother myself, "Mother's Day" has an entire new meaning to me. Birthday's are great, but EVERYONE celebrates a birthday. Mother's Day is unique. It's a day honoring all mothers....a day honoring me. When Ryan asked me what I would like for Mother's Day, I could think of nothing more than to spend an entire day with him and Charley. So, yesterday morning Ryan, Charley, and myself headed down to Branson, MO for a beautiful day. We indulged at the Olive Garden for lunch, spent the afternoon Riding the Ducks, and then ended our day with a wonderful evening at The Landing where we ate at a steakhouse and topped if off with Marble Slab Creamery. What more could you ask for? As much as I would like to have a day of pampering, or a nice dinner alone with Ryan, NOTHING brings me more joy than spending a day together as a family. Ryan and I have no idea what we did before Charley came into our lives. She is incredible and truly the greatest thing to ever happen to us. I am so thankful for her. She is the reason I am able to celebrate Mother's Day.

Mother's Day

Click Album for more photos!

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Mother's Day! It looks like you had a great day. Talk to you later. Love HIL