Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chuck and I had a ZOOper time at the ZOO!!


Well, today....DADDY's in charge! So Charley and I went to one of her favorite places in all the world....the ZOO. As I was truckin' down Norton Rd. Charley starts going absolutely crazy (go figure) pointing behind us and screaming "ZOO-ZOO!!!" and it was at that point that I realized I had passed the ZOO and she had seen the sign.....ok so she can read. So I turned around and we went it.

I'll be honest it was kind of slow going until Charley and I scared up some MANE WOLVES (kinda like HUGE red foxes)....they are very skittish. None of the monkeys would throw their poop (childhood favorite....the monkeys doing the throwing, not me...of course) so we moved on. We then began feeding the big carp Charley's Cheezits but began running out so we stopped. Charley almost lost a finger to a goat, but daddy saved her.

By this time, we reached the almight SNACK SHACK.....YES! The lunch-lady knew exactly who Charley was when we entered.....hmmmmmm.....I wonder why....making because Mommy was just there with Charley less than one week ago!! Charley had two hotdogs and I had a nachos....with peppers...and a coke...yummy. Onto the elephants.

We were only about 10 from the big black bear (glass wall) but it was sleeping so Charley had this wonderful idea of throwing our ICE from the coke over the tall wall and hitting the bear....it worked to say the least. Bear looked around, looked at us...and then went back to sleep. yippee skippee.

Snake House scared Charley, but she loved the big CORN SNAKE some old guy was holding at the exit.....Charley wanted to pet the snake, but the guy wouldn't let her since she was so young and more likely to get SALMONILA (spelling?) from the snake..... I argued with him for a while to try to get him to understand that Salmonila only comes from raw chicken meat.... he didn't buy it and my little girl couldn't pet the snake.....

I must say the TRAIN ROCKS!!! We rode the train around the lake TWICE! Very cool....Charley was a pro...she knew just what to do. She loves the train whistle. I love my little girl so much! I can't believe my family is blessed as much as we are that I get to stay at home with BOTH my girls....having the time of our lives!

You'll have to click on EACH picture below...I don't know how to correctly add pics to the blog....and my wife isn't here to supervise.

From Melody: I corrected it for you Wasson! Love you and Great Job on the blog!!

Ryan & Charley's Day at the Zoo!


Click on the Album for more Pics!

2 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Good job, Wass! You are a great daddy and husband. ENjoy your time with Miss Charley!

Hilary said...

OMG! Wasson I am so impressed! I don't think Kevin even has a clue on where to log in to our blog let alone download pics and type a post. WOW! It looks like you guys had a blast. Hope your Father-Daughter dinner goes great tonight at preschool. Call us if you need us while Mel is in St. Louis. You're doing great!