Saturday, December 15, 2007

Scary Santa

What a GREAT day to see Santa......other than it was a Saturday and there were oh......about 100 PEOPLE IN LINE BEFORE US!! So, what did we decide to do, wait it out. What else? Charley was dressed in the cutest snowflake dress and I was bound and determined that today was THE DAY. My parents were brave enough to venture out with us, so we all took turns standing in line. Finally, it was our turn and TA DA! I'm not so sure Charley has ever seen anything so scary in her life. Santa was actually really nice and just smiled with our screaming daughter on his lap. There was no way she was going to even crack a smile, so Charley's picture with Santa this year shows her real emotions towards strangers, even Santa Clause.

3 comments:

Anvil Leather said...

Ah geez.....that just breaks my little heart!

I tell you what people, Santa is one lucky FATBOY. If he only knew I was about jump over the holly bush and ring his neck for making my baby-angel cry like that, he would have never came to work that day!

However, I've got some pretty important items on my Christmas list this year and I wouldn't want to do anything that would hinder my getting the good stuff this year.

Yep, it was a LONG line, but after my extra shot of espresso, it was well worth the wait.

Ryan

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you guys this, but it doesnt get any better. Owen is almost 2 and a half and is scared to death of the real thing, but anything on tv or anywhere else, you would think that Santa guy was as great as Elvis. Needless to say, it is SO cute when we are going anywhere and all is quiet until we see some hideous Santa yard ornament and out from the back seat we hear " HO HO! HO HO!"

We are going to try again next week. Maybe the yard ornaments have had a positive effect on Owen's thinking.

Love,
An

Hilary said...

We love your blog...we only wish you would update it daily. Just kidding...we know you are busy. We just check it all the time. Zachary can't wait to see Charley this afternoon for a walk. Talk to you later. HIL