Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Celebration

Since the 4th of July is 5 days after Charley's birthday, it makes for a very busy week. It also makes for a lot of fun. This year we went to I Love America (ILA) that is hosted by the church we attend, James River Assembly. It is a MAJOR production and this year around 120,000 people attended. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so Ryan, Charley, and myself ventured out to ILA around 1:00 pm. I was a little worried about getting out there so early only because the fireworks didn't start until 9:20. However, Charley did GREAT! She had a wonderful time being pulled around in the wagon, eating snow cones and corn dogs, and just hanging out with her mom and dad. I know one of these days being around Ryan and I will be the last place she wants to be.

The fireworks display was spectacular and Charley didn't even flinch despite them being extremely big and loud. We ended up getting home around midnight and by that time Charley was pretty much comatose. We made wonderful memories that Ryan and I will cherish for lifetime.

4th of July 2009

0 comments: