Monday, December 15, 2008

Allow Me To Introduce You To Bella

Yesterday, Ryan and I decided to add on to our family. We are SO HAPPY to announce that Charley has a new little sister. I personally think she favors Ryan. In case your thinking, "I didn't even know that Melody was pregnant," don't worry, this was not a well kept secret pregnancy. Our newest addition is a sweet little Shih Tzu named Bella. She is black and white and such a sweet natured puppy.

Ryan and I had been talking about getting a new puppy after the first of the year. We actually purchased a french bulldog puppy a little over a year ago but sold it a short time later because it was spastic. It screamed like a woman (I'm serious!) and was not very loving. After selling her, Ryan and I decided that we would wait to get another puppy until we found just the right one. We had done a lot of research on what kind of dog would be good for us and good with Charley and had made up our mind that we would eventually get a Shih Tzu. Ryan and I also knew several people who had Shih Tzu's and they all had great things to say about these dogs.

In all honesty, we had no intentions of purchasing a dog yesterday. However, on our way home, we saw a man selling Shih Tzu's. We stopped to take a look and knew instantly that we had found our puppy. Charley LOVES her and so does our other dog, Mandy. Mandy had needed a companion for quite some time and now she has a new baby to take care of. Meet Bella.



4 comments:

Megan said...

Mel-
She is absolutley adorable. Eric's stepmom has always had Shih Tzus. They are such sweet little dogs. I can't wait for more pictures! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you are feeling better/stronger everyday! I continue to pray for you, Ryan and Charley.

Take care,
Megan

Hilary said...

OMGoodness...I had no idea. Congratulations. Zachary and I can't wait to meet her. At first I thought bella was going to be the photos of Kevin in your wig. Talk to you later. Love HIL

Emily R said...

So cute!!! I think I saw that guy too...was he at Seminole and Lone Pine? I told Justin that we should get one (joking, though, because we definitely don't need a puppy right now). I hope all is well, I am still praying for your family! I know that 2009 is going to be a MUCH better year for you all!

Emily Reese

The Willis's said...

Are you going to update your page soon? :)

A