Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Whew! Halloween is so much different now that Charley is a part of our lives. As a child, Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. I LOVED getting dressed up, going door to door, and getting a sack full of candy. Now that I am a parent, I feel differently about Halloween. I still enjoy it, but it is a lot more work than when I was a kid. Especially since there seems to be more and more activities throughout the week of Halloween which of course requires your child to wear their costume to each one. Perhaps the stress of it all is somewhat my own fault. Charley doesn't exactly have to participate in each activity, but I know she enjoys it and I figure Halloween is only once a year.

Our day started yesterday with a Halloween party at Charley's preschool. The kids were allowed to wear their costumes to school and I have to admit, they were all so cute. The kids each did a craft and they even got to go trick-or-treating to the other classrooms. So, we started our day with candy and ended our day with candy. I really enjoyed being at preschool with Charley and seeing her interact with the other kids. She really seems to enjoy being there.

After a short nap, it was time for Charley to put her costume back on and head to the grandparents. I'm pretty confident Charley doesn't really understand the concept of trick-or-treating yet. What she did understand was that for whatever reason people kept giving her candy and she loved it! After going to Mimi's and Nana's we headed to church. Each year our church has a Halloween party for anyone and everyone. Let me just say this is no ordinary party. The church was decked out with decorations from head to toe and there were all kinds of activities from inflatables to live shows. The theme this year was Happily Ever After and being Snow White, Charley fit in perfectly!

Our last stop was at Hilary's mom and dad's house. This has been a tradition ever since Hilary and I had our kids. Charley loved seeing Zachary in his cute monkey costume and the kids enjoyed spending playing together. Finally, it was time to call it a night. Snow White was fading fast.

Needless to say, Halloween 2008 was one to be remembered! Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with all this candy!!

Preschool Halloween Party


Click on the Albums for more Pictures!

Halloween 2008


To see a video of trick-or-treating at MiMi's and Papa's, click the link below!

http://www.realestateshows.com/show.php?id=347587&code=26eaa612#

2 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Charley is so super cute as Snow White! Thank you for acknowledging our pumpkin even though the outcome was not exactly what I wanted the pumpkin pic was an added bonus!

Anonymous said...

I was doing an ego search on my husband, Charley Wasson, when I found this. I can't beleive there is another Charley Wasson out there. (Yours is cuter!)
Alisa Wasson