Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun At The Fair



Last night, Ryan, myself, and Charley ventured out to the Ozark Empire Fair. Ryan and I have been going to the fair ever since I can remember. In fact, my parents took me to the fair every year as a child. The fair is a tradition. The only thing about the fair is that it seems to get a little more "scary" each year. I'm not sure if "scary" is the word, but I am trying to describe it in the nicest way I know how. We ate dinner at Rudy's BBQ. Rudy's is another tradition of ours. I always vow I will not eat there the next year, but that is never the case. Rudy's does have great BBQ, but I have had better. I would rather eat the traditional fair food.

It was a beautiful evening and Charley LOVED looking at all the animals. Bless her heart, she really thought she was big enough to ride all the rides and it was all Ryan and I could do to keep her from hopping on one. After making several loops around, we ended our night by once again looking at the goats and watching some baby chicks hatch. On our way out, I asked Ryan if he wanted to make one more walk through and his comment to me was that it's just not the same now that he has a daughter, meaning that the "carnies" scared him and he didn't like subjecting his little girl to their "Hey Sweetie" comments. I agreed. It's funny how things change when you have a kid. Despite being kind of creeped out, we had a great time and Charley really enjoyed herself. I'm sure we'll return next year for another night of creepiness and Rudy's BBQ.

Fun At The Fair


Click on Album for more Pics!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I have never known a family to love the FAIR as much as you guys do. Glad that the tradition continues. It broke my heart to see Charley bummed about the big kid rides. Look like you guys had a blast.

Haley said...

I LOVE the fair to. me, my cousin, and my grandparents all went the other night and i dont know if you saw the Parasailing ride or the Ring Of Fire ride but I had to practicly drag him on to both.(but I regreted the ring of fire I felt like upchucking)and when charley had the pig mask on it reminded me of the cutest movie we saw it is called Penelope you would love it.

Kim said...

We took Sam to the fair when we lived there and he just loved it. We thought that we could make it back this year but it just didn't work out.

Loved all of your photos. Charley is so photogenic!